Re: [opensuse] Where are listed modules included in initrd in Leap 42.x ?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2017 07:44:34 +0100
andreil1@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi !

Where are listed modules included in initrd in Leap 42.x ?

/etc/sysconfig/kernel - this file doesn’t exists at all
/etc/dracut.conf.d - not here
It depends on your system - the initrd is built to suit your
system.

lsinitrd will tell you what a specific initrd contains.

Thanks, but I’m need to add some modules manually, not just get a
list.
Sorry, I misunderstood your question.

You can add them with '--add-drivers' to dracut. Maybe there is a
default setting for dracut somewhere. Is this still about the hpsa
module?

Yes, this is still about hpsa module.
I run "dracut --add-drivers hpsa" on another test system, then looked
in yast -> sysconfig -> kernel, hpsa still not there.

That is correct - when you run dracut, you rebuild the initrds in /boot.
It does not change any config. Still, like I said earlier, when your
root is on your HP Smart Array Controller, dracut will automatically
include hpsa.

You can double check that with dracut - just builds a single initrd,
then use lsinitrd to check the contents. From a rescue system it
might look like this:

dracut --root=/dev/sdx /boot/andrei99 4.4.92-31-default

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (4.7°C)