Re: [opensuse] Again, trying to find a suitable video editor.
On 2017-11-20 23:56, andreil1@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,

DaVinci Resolve is freeware, and is much more powerful then any other
non-paid alternative.
With free version you can't output 4k and 8k videos, but I don't think
its necessary for a hobby.
There are a lot of tutorials on youtube.

Installation on Linux requires nVidia card and CUDA support.

I only need a simple editor for streams recorded from TV. I want to
remove the start lead, the tail end, and the commercials in the middle.
It also has to keep the two audio tracks (Spanish and English) and the
subtitles. Best if it doesn't recode the video stream, for speed - just
remove sections, copy the rest as is.

Does DaVinci Resolve do that?

It is not available in Packman.

I see in wikipedia that it is very powerful, but what I need is very
simple, yet none of what I have tested does it, or it is very complex to
handle.

There is only Spanish wikipedia article and it does not cite the main
web link.

Project X does it, but crashes on my cable TV streams
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/project-x/).

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.