Re: [opensuse] Reinstating Linda. Was: Dear Chairman Brown ~
* Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [11-18-17 03:07]:
jdd@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Le 17/11/2017 à 23:20, Patrick Shanahan a écrit :
* jdd@xxxxxxxxx <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> [11-17-17 16:53]:

but we are not better received on forums...

you would be if you joined a forum not *dedicated* to support.

it's what I did

but if you
want a list to freely discuss anything, why here and not
opensuse-offtopic?

because for me "offtopic" is "unrelated to openSUSE", and "opensuse"
is "all what is related to openSUSE"...

Agree, that is how I see it too. Though some topics maybe openSUSE, but
with their own lists.

well, offtopic is/was intended to address conversation on this list which
was offtopic, not necessarily ONLY not being about opensuse but:
"Generic questions and User to User support for all the openSUSE
distributions"
per https://lists.opensuse.org/

"all what is related to openSUSE" is much broader field and that which
does not fit the stated topic is therefore belonging to "offtopic".

this list is *not* a "catch-all" and "offtopic" is.