Re: [opensuse] Dear Chairman Brown ~
On 16/11/17 14:48, Anton Aylward wrote:
And if LILO is an alternative to GRUB then booting without using either of
them
is also quite valid. Such a technique is a valid method and contribution.
What
Linda had to say on the matter might be a bit strident, and her dislike of the
attitudes of the systemd developers might be a antagonistic, but on the whole
find her less antagonistic than Chairman Brown.

And although I've never used it, there is now a LILO2 - presumably as an
alternative to GRUB2.

As for booting without either, isn't that what most new computers do
nowadays? Isn't it called UEFI?

(ObTopic, I wish I knew what the bootloader on my very first (at least I
think it was) linux install was. UniVerse linux, 1.3 kernel. Booted into
a very nice kernel selection screen and I don't think it was LILO.
Certainly didn't look like it.)

Cheers,
Wol