Re: [opensuse] Boot failure after update from 42.2 to 42.3 "Grub-tpm-measure not found"
08.11.2017 18:22, stakanov пишет:
[... trimming so I am not jumped on by self-appointed police of this
list ...]

Now the content of the files:
current is

/dev/disk/by-id/ata-SAMSUNG_HD502HI_S1VZJ1KS407054-part3
/dev/disk/by-id/scsi-SATA_SAMSUNG_HD502HI_S1VZJ1KS407054
/dev/disk/by-id/scsi-350024e90013e385a-part6
activate
generic_mbr

As opposed to the "old" version

/dev/disk/by-id/scsi-SATA_SAMSUNG_HD502HIS1VZJ1KS407054-part6
/dev/disk/by-id/scsi-SATA_SAMSUNG_HD502HI_S1VZJ1KS407054-part3
activate
generic_mbr
Here you have the result of bootinfoscript (from git-hub)

http://susepaste.org/90387648

Well, you have grub2 installed in MBR of /dev/sda and /dev/sdb (as
seen from your live system) and referring to /boot/grub2 on /dev/sdb6,
but all entries in /etc/default/grub_installdevice point only to sdb.
So assuming your BIOS boot device is sda, it perfectly explains what
happened.

Now the question is, why did this happen after a simple "zypper dup"?

What "this"? Changes in grub_installdevice? It does not matter, as both
versions refer to sdb only. grub2 in MBR of sda? How should we know
this. The fact that it boots from sda? It is your system, I presume you
know how it is configured.

Again in case you did not understand. You have grub2 in MBR of your boot
disk (which I bet is sda) and have configured your openSUSE to put
bootloader in (multiple locations of) sdb. So when grub2 package was
updated only /boot/grub2 content was touched - but not code in sda MBR.
This worked as long as new grub2 versions remained mostly compatible.
Once you updated to very different version, bootloader kernel in MBR of
boot disk (sda?) stopped providing necessary services for new grub2
modules in /boot/grub2.

Should I simple accept the fact as is and rename the .old file to current?

It will not change anything.

Would this happen again after a regular zypper dup for 15 and especially is
there anything I can do on this (admittedly historical) system, that received
a lot of hardware upgrades (besides others you may expect a lot of new hdd
during the years.
I personally do not know how to "clean" an mbr of former grub entries without
having to format the whole disk....

Start with telling us what is your boot disk.

Sorry for sending this first as pm, my error.
Therefore redirected to the list.