Re: [opensuse] KDE and directories
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2017 13:29:35 +0100
Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 12:58 PM, Dave Howorth <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

As others have said, what do you mean by 'the user entering the
directory'? Do you mean accessing one or more of the files in the
directory? Or accessing a directory listing including metadata about
the files? Or simply changing working directory, or what?

When the user navigates the file system with Dolphin, they can click
on a directory. Dolphin then shows the contents of that directory.
From my POV, the user has entered the directory. I think Dolphin would
refer to this as the current working directory.

Right.

There is only one current working directory at a time.

Multiple Dolphin processes with multiple tabs ? Background processes
with that userid?

This has nothing to do with moving around in, say, bash. It is fully
limited to Dolphin. This is why I am looking for a KDE solution.

Sorry, that was not clear to me. I don't think I can help with that.

It is not about accessing a file. It is about making the directory the
current working directory.

Does switching tabs in Dolphin count as change the current working
directory? The user might see it as that, but in fact nothing
changes.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (7.7°C)