Re: [opensuse] openSUSE merits a better home page
* Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [11-05-17 21:49]:
* Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [11-05-17 21:37]:
El 2017-11-05 a las 20:19 -0500, Felix Miata escribió:
On Thursday, 2017-11-02 at 22:21 -0000, Wols Lists wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

Personally, I love the SuSE name. I don't use it because some people get
somewhat pissed, so I use the modern name instead. Thus I only use SuSE
when I want to stress the point that I'm talking about is old times.

It's pretty common to prefer nicks to polysyllabic names. In a written
context,
SuSE was a good name, openSUSE very bad. Exactly how is one supposed to
write it
as a first word of a sentence? That there would be any question is what
makes it
bad, not whatever the answer may be.

Reminds me. There is an old bug with the speller in open/libre Office: it
does not accept "end of sentence. openSUSE ..." as correct. I just checked:
LO still corrects openSUSE to OpenSUSE.

you have the ability to correct your dictionary, don't you.

and after further investigation: my libreoffice oowriter says "openSUSE"
is correct as is and I do not recall ever checking that before.