Re: [opensuse] Being critical vs being negative
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 14:09:12 +0100 (CET)

On Sunday, 2017-10-29 at 18:26 +0100, Per Jessen wrote:
Richard Brown wrote:

We know that this list has 1242 subscribers

This compares to the following other communities, each of which have a
broader "general discussions about openSUSE" topic by design, other
than the intended "support" focus of this list
- 4814 subscribers to the openSUSE reddit community
- 14.8 _thousand_ members of the openSUSE group on facebook
- 29.5 _thousand_ followers of the openSUSE group on Google+
- 38 _thousand_ members of the openSUSE forums
- 56.2 _thousand_ subscribers of the openSUSE feed on twitter

In the grand scheme of things, this mailinglist, at best, represents a
small fraction of the community.

Which surely begs the question - why is the odd bit of complaining,
criticism, negativity or long-winded offtopic discussions much of a
problem when the list is such an insignificantly small fraction.

I mean, given your numbers, this list represents 0.95% of the openSUSE
community, so why are we even having this discussion??

Good point :-)

Reminds me. Someone said about getting phone calls complaining about the mail list. Well, I get private posts saying the contrary. How good the mail list is, and how bad are other places, and how wrong are those complains...

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.