Re: [opensuse] Libreofficewriter problems printing embedded inage.
On 20/10/17 09:07 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Well, that might be your problem. Maybe you have to revert to the
version in Leap.

Now you're applying Xen-like reasoning: it's too complicated, too advanced,
therefore it must be broken/unusable.

Sorry: I don't buy it.
You're going to have to give me a reasoning.

I agree that the way CUPS does its filtering is stupid: The text-to-PS script
converts the test to PDF then does a PDF-to-PS.
Why can't it use 'enscript'?
Similar reasoning with image-to-PS.

What? There's the Imagemagic program 'convert' that does a marvellous job.

Then there's 'a2ps' which is a very nice way to pretty-print email.

tTke a look at the other scripts in /usr/lib/cups/filter/ for your own pre-s2.2
version of CUPS and tell me if they are PDF-obsessed or not?

https://engineering.purdue.edu/ECN/Support/KB/Docs/LPEnscript