Re: [opensuse] Libreofficewriter problems printing embedded inage.
On 2017-10-19 17:00, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 19/10/17 10:24 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

About raw printing in LO:

In LO, choose print. A dialog appears that allows to choose which
printer and some things more. At the top of the printer list it says
"print to file...". Just use that.

Check.

Notice that LO still prints a ps calculated for the configured default
printer.

I have to override but set the device to PS3

You have to get the default ("automatic") be "ps".

Then press the "Properties" button. Select "Device" tab. There is a
button "Printer language type". I have "Automatic: PostScript (level
from driver)".

I hit print. I get an error, I ignore it, choose destination file p.ps.
Finally, I open the file with "gv" for verification.

I don't get the error.
The dialogue box to save the file insists on it being a PDF.
buqqer
I turn of the automatic extension and save as p.ps

But CLI: File p.ps says its a PDF.

cer@Telcontar:~/Documents> file p.ps
p.ps: PostScript document text conforming DSC level 3.0, Level 3
cer@Telcontar:~/Documents>

Try LO/Tools/Options.

In the dialog there is a line for "print" in the left column under
"LibreOffice". There are settings for "Printer" or "Print to file".

On print to file the default job format is PDF and I can not untick it.
Almost everything is greyed, I don't know why.

Yet, it prints ps.

In "Printer" settings the standard job format is PDF is not ticked, so
it is not ps.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.