Re: [opensuse] Libreofficewriter problems printing embedded inage.
On 2017-10-19 15:24, jdd@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Le 19/10/2017 à 14:45, Anton Aylward a écrit :
On 19/10/17 08:38 AM, Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink wrote:
About the drum: take it out, gently shake it a bit, and you'll see
there's
enough of the powder left......

Sure, and explain the justification for the change from PS as the printer
standard interface, something we've had since the UNIX days, to the
PDF as a
standard.

?

it's probably more because pdf become a document standard by itself, so
no filtering at all is necessary for new printers pdf capable...

For printers that handle pdf natively, it is ok, but for those millions
out there that handle ps natively, it is not.

pdf derives from ps, so translation can be probably be done without losses.

but to go back to your problem.

I just did:

select a rectangle in googlemap in spectacle and save it as png

This step degrades the picture: screen resolution is lower than printer
resolution.

About raw printing in LO:

In LO, choose print. A dialog appears that allows to choose which
printer and some things more. At the top of the printer list it says
"print to file...". Just use that.

Notice that LO still prints a ps calculated for the configured default
printer.

Then press the "Properties" button. Select "Device" tab. There is a
button "Printer language type". I have "Automatic: PostScript (level
from driver)".

I hit print. I get an error, I ignore it, choose destination file p.ps.
Finally, I open the file with "gv" for verification.

Finally, I print it:

lpr -l p.ps

Prints just fine.

--