Re: [opensuse] Libreofficewriter problems printing embedded inage.
On 19/10/17 09:24 AM, jdd@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Le 19/10/2017 à 14:45, Anton Aylward a écrit :
On 19/10/17 08:38 AM, Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink wrote:
About the drum: take it out, gently shake it a bit, and you'll see there's
enough of the powder left......

Sure, and explain the justification for the change from PS as the printer
standard interface, something we've had since the UNIX days, to the PDF as a
standard.

?

it's probably more because pdf become a document standard by itself, so no
filtering at all is necessary for new printers pdf capable...

but to go back to your problem.

I just did:

select a rectangle in googlemap in spectacle and save it as png

import it in libreoffice dram

save it as odt and pdf

print the pdf in okular or acroread: print ok on my brother dcp-7055 B&W laser
printer. libreoffice prints the file ok as well.

same result with lpr -P DCP7055W pdftest.pdf

in the pdf created by libreofice, the image is described as:

4 0 obj
<</Type/XObject/Subtype/Image/Width 638 /Height 343 /BitsPerComponent 8
/ColorSpace/DeviceRGB/Filter/DCTDecode/Length 21813>>
stream
(followed by the image binary)

All well and good, but how is CUPS configured for that printer?
And is it a PDF printer?