Re: [opensuse] Synchronization of notes
  • From: Bob Williams <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 13:06:25 +0100
On Wed, 18 Oct 2017 11:26:22 +0200
Vojtěch Zeisek <vojtech.zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,
I'm looking for a way how to synchronize notes. So far I have been
using KDE Basket. It is very nice application, but it has no support
for syncing. My requirements are:
1) Running in sys tray of openSUSE with KDE (not necessarily KDE
application). 2) Synchronization over custom server (I have SFTP,
ownCloud, ...). So no solution provided by private company.
3) App available for Sailfish OS and Android (well, Sailfish can run
Android apps, but native Sailfish app is better).
4) Web interface is not required, but nice.
5) Fully FOSS solution.
6) Having multiple notes, group them, and so. Rich text is not
required. ownCloud offers in its app store several note apps. Does
anyone have recommendations which to use? I'm bit confused by high
number of them... QOwnNotes http://www.qownnotes.org/ also looks
promising, but I'd like to hear some experience before trying to
deploy it (or something similar). V.

It may not fulfil all your requirements, but Syncthing is worth looking at.
Install syncthing-gtk to get a graphical interface on your desktop, and the
Syncthing app on your Android device. Pair the devices, and share folders.

Bob

--
Bob Williams
System: Linux 4.4.90-28-default