Re: [opensuse] Libreofficewriter problems printing embedded inage.
On 18/10/17 05:41 AM, jdd@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

if you are sure you tested all, the only remain is bugzilla (lo one)

I told you I tested all, not just from LO but from trying to print the exported
PDF (which looks fine on the screen) using a couple of different PDF tools and
those have a quite different print dialogue from that of LO.

I don't think this a bug and what I have isn't wolf-fenced enough yet, which is
why I'm asking questions here. If I was on phone support and had a call from
someone with only the information I have right know I'd demand more or give up.

I have a memory that it used to be the case that UNIX and hence Linux used
Postscript as a printer interface protocol, and one of the reasons that I bought
the Brother HL-5170DN was that it could handle Postscript directly. I also have
a memory that for some reason I don't recall or comprehend, Linux gave up on
this and switched to PDF.

The Brother HL-5170DN can also handle HP's printer protocol and the Epson
protocol.
Back when, and sorry I can't tie down a boundary date, the driver gave me all
three options, PS, HP and Epson. I _think_ it was when I switched to 42.1 or
42.2 that I was forced to use PDF. The printer seems to take PDF and does text
OK, but not images.

Now is this a PPD problem? If it is then I might bug-report, but I think I'll
get a NOTABUG response. I think the loss of the other options in the
driver/PPD-whatever is a bug, but I've seen too many steps where developers
remove features on other programs, utilities, that we've relied on. Yes, this
too has been much discussed her.

Why ever did we change from PS to PDF?
If I declare that to be the bug the gung-ho developers will NOTABUG me.

How do I override the PPD?