Re: [opensuse] Fwd: Basically every WiFi device just hacked?
On 2017-10-17 17:38, Richmond wrote:
Greg Freemyer wrote:
On 2017-10-16 23:07, Greg Freemyer wrote:
I imagine in a few days, we'll start to see client OS patched.
Routers seem to always take longer.
I just read this on usenet:

+++----------------
•****Routers and gateways are only affected when in bridge mode****
(which is not enabled by default and not used by most customers). A
WPA-2 handshake is initiated by a router in bridge mode only when
connecting or reconnecting to a router

<https://kb.netgear.com/000049498/Security-Advisory-for-WPA-2-Vulnerabilities-PSV-2017-2826-PSV-2017-2836-PSV-2017-2837>
----------------++-

If correct, this is good news, for me at least.
If it's true it's good news for anyone that connects to public
infrastructure (hotels/airports/coffee shops)

I think the article refers to specific NETGEAR equipment, listed on the
right hand side.

I think it applies to all, nevertheless. The problem is not with
implementation, but with the protocol design itself; AFAIK the AP points
are not affected, it is the clients.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.