Re: [opensuse] /tmp mounting question
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger.oberholtzer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2017 13:09:46 +0200
On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 12:14 PM, Carlos E. R.
On 2017-10-17 11:34, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
I need to replace the btrfs /tmp volume mounted on my Leap 42.3 system
with a separate partition. The thing is, the new one will not be a
btrfs volume. Surely it makes no difference if I comment out the
existing btrfs line:

UUID=dec8ab38-419f-46e3-bb03-c72b2688a142 /tmp btrfs subvol=@/tmp 0 0

and add something like this:

/dev/sda3 /tmp ext4 defaults 0 0

And then reboot.

Right?

As far as I know, right :-)

Instead of rebooting, you could do it all from a rescue system, too. Or
from runlevel 1.

/dev/sda3 is formatted (obviously) but otherwise empty.

I am always suspicious of what btrfs volumes are up to...

:-}

I did the switch. As a result, I lost a volume. And it is still gone
when I put pack the original tmp volume:

UUID=2d07fbed-6f8a-4662-9ad2-2fd602e59e1d /var/lib/docker btrfs
defaults 0 0

It cannot find the UUID. I wonder if that changed when I changed the
disk setup? The only UUIDs I see in /dev/disk/by-uuid/ are to the
/dev/sda disk.

I have no idea what this refered to. I do have a file called
/var/lib/docker-storage.btrfs. Maybe that is what was mounted on
/var/lib/docker?

Of course, the whole reason I did the switch in the first place was
that I needed more /tmp for a docker thing (running kiwi in dice). So
of course that would be the volume that goes away...

--
Roger Oberholtzer