Re: [opensuse] Fwd: Basically every WiFi device just hacked?
On 10/16/2017 04:02 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2017-10-16 20:11, James Knott wrote:
On 10/16/2017 01:51 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Besides, any communication protocol that uses encryption is safe, even
if they get entry to our WiFi: ssh, https... but not, I think, smb, nfs,
most email...
Many email providers are moving to SSL/TLS for POP, IMAP and SMTP.
Not mine.

Geez... Spain is really behind the times. Can you not even configure
it with your email apps? Also, email web interfaces now use https.
Also, Google tries to favour https web sites, to encourage encryption on
the web.

I just verified my email connections on the 2 accounts I have. Both use
SSL/TLS for IMAP and SMTP. I also have OpenVPN configured between my
notebook computer and firewall, so I can encrypt everything . With
this, all traffic is sent through the VPN to my home network.