Re: [opensuse] Fwd: Basically every WiFi device just hacked?
From the general description (I haven't been able to inspect a
detailed demo), it looks like a cousin to the Diffie Hellman flaw
described last year.

If so,
- All encrypted traffic including SSL/TLS, SSH, VPNs, etc should be
protected despite the researchers' suggestion that <might> also be
vulnerable. And, all User activity that involves exchanging passwords
on websites, Financial/Banking, email and other activity are covered
here.

- The other stuff about capturing, replaying and injecting content or
even false network settings is a different consideration, but if this
is not much different than what has always been possible using
aircrack-ng against WEP or WPA1, then there are practical
considerations which can make this kind of attack difficult although
possible... like...

The attacker might have to capture gigabytes of data to obtain the few
packets which contain a WPA handshake. Low activity APs might be more
vulnerable than heavily used.

Once captured, the attacker has to crack the keys. Depending on
strength and available machine resources plus method of crack (are
rainbow tables available and used?), this might take awhile

Once cracked, the keys are usable for only as long as the original
User has not yet closed his wireless session. Once the User has
disconnected, then a new session and handshake has to be cracked.

So,
Unless you're supporting a high security wireless network, I don't
think that anyone should be pressing any emergency buttons, and if you
were supporting a high security network then I'd be questioning why
you even have Wifi or not deploying WiFi that automatically rotates
new keys every few minutes.

Tony