Re: [opensuse] Tab window section in XFCE4 terminal too large [SOLVED]
On 2017-10-13 18:36, Tony Su wrote:
Generally speaking,
Size of fonts proportionate to objects is managed by themes, although
might also be in the code of the application itself.

To test whether a different theme <might> resolve, I'd recommend you
change your display dpi settings.
If the proportion changes, then I'd recommend trying different themes.
If the proportion doesn't change, then my guess is the setting is
likely coded into the app and not likely easily modified manually.

Note that I recommend the dpi setting change only for temporary
testing, it's likely that even if you see an improvement for what
you're looking at, other objects may be affected the opposite way
(adversely).

Interesting idea.

I tried changing the dpi in "settings/Appeareance", but it does not
affect this area in particular.

Previously I tried many themes, none changed the tab area in the
terminal app.

I just noticed a setting in the terminal app, advanced settings: "Use
custom styling to make tabs slim (restart required). I have just ticked
it, will see how it goes when I restart the session. Huh, no need to
restart, I started a new terminal and the setting applied instantly to
all terminals. Solved!

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.