Re: [opensuse] No network of leap 42.3
On 10/10/17 08:24 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Or there may be a problem initializing your network hardware, and knopix
knows how to do it, and the current package you have doesn't. So if you
reboot from one to the other without powering off, it keeps. Might also
happen with Windows.

Yes, Knoppix is probably the most resilient version of Linux I've ever
encountered, though I've dropped off research in that area this last year or so.
What Dave says makes me think that knoppix hasn't lost it :-)

I suspect that it might be a timing problem.
It might be that a change, be it to the kernel or an initialization that the
systemd predicates, doesn't let this particular start of the network driver
initialize properly. The kernel, or systemd, has become too efficient, too
fast, for this older hardware :-)

Maybe.

Also, check out

http://elixir.free-electrons.com/linux/v4.1/source/Documentation/networking/e1000e.txt