Re: [opensuse] No network of leap 42.3
On 2017-10-09 21:49, Dave Smith wrote:

I cannot connect to the router using either dhcp or setting a static
ip nor does the router see the 42.3 machine when using a static ip.
Using a static ip the 42.3 machine cannot get to the router or
internet nor ping the router or any device connected to the router.
Truthfully, I was surprised that wireshark was able to receive packets
from the network. I use 192.168.133.2 for the nas and 192.168.133.8
for the printer. I used 192.168.133.3 for the 42.3 machine and set
the default gateway and nameserver to 192.168.133.1. Yast was used
for all of the configurations I have done thus far.

Ok, then open two terminals as root. In one, run "journalctl --follow"
and let it there. In another, try "rcnetwork restart", then "ifconfig"
and report back all the text that you get on both terminals.

You can pipe all that to a file in order to send from another computer:

whatever command | tee -a somefile.txt

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.