Re: [opensuse] No network of leap 42.3
A lot of responses with a ton of ideas. There also seems to be some
confusion about my setup which I will try to clarify. It is a very
basic home configuration, nothing fancy. The lan consists of a cable
modem and router. The router connects to the cable model using dhcp
and does indeed have an ip address different from my lan ip. The
router also gets ip addresses for the name servers from my isp and
stores them. Connected to the router are 2 computers, 1 wifi router,
1 printer, 1 nas, and 1 ps3.

The router acts as the dhcp server for everything connected to it
using the address 192.168.133.x. 192.168.133.2 through 192.168.133.9
are reserved for a static ip. The printer and nas have static ip's
everything else connects to the router via dhcp. All devices attached
to the router use the routers ip of 192.168.133.1 for both the default
gateway and nameserver. No other device on the lan has difficulty
connecting to the router or getting to the internet. The 42.3 box did
not have any problems connecting either until the last update.

I cannot connect to the router using either dhcp or setting a static
ip nor does the router see the 42.3 machine when using a static ip.
Using a static ip the 42.3 machine cannot get to the router or
internet nor ping the router or any device connected to the router.
Truthfully, I was surprised that wireshark was able to receive packets
from the network. I use 192.168.133.2 for the nas and 192.168.133.8
for the printer. I used 192.168.133.3 for the 42.3 machine and set
the default gateway and nameserver to 192.168.133.1. Yast was used
for all of the configurations I have done thus far.

Didn't realize there was no live version for 42.3 so am downloading
knoppix 8.1 now. I am beginning to believe if I did a reinstall of
42.3 I would again have no problem with the network.

Will let you know,

Dave

On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 2:15 PM, Carlos E. R.