Re: [opensuse] No network of leap 42.3
I assign ip's to expected instruments, phone, tablet, laptops, and allow
the router to assign addresses to "other" machines. wifi is just another
connection different than wire.

While a good DHCP + DNS set-up can handle the dhcp telling the dns about
devices, having static, predefined addresses for key devices like the printer,
the router/gateway can simplify a lot of things about configuration and
debugging.

It can also simplify ACLs.
Personally I hate the idea of early binding ACLs but sometimes it is very
useful.

I can tell my printer to refuse any device on the network that isn't my PC, my
phone or or my laptop or my tablet. It is a simple security hack.

I'm sure Patrick can give other illustrations.