Re: [opensuse] No network of leap 42.3
On 09/10/17 10:20 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2017-10-09 15:27, Anton Aylward wrote:

My point here is that if you have a Linux class problem then I'm not sure how
reassuring a Windows verification is going to be.

In this case it is, because it shows that the hardware works.
And he also setup up a static configuration in Linux, and it worked.
It is dhcp which does not.

Indeed, and that means you've missed my point.

The Windows side shows the hardware works, BTU having a Linux version that shows
the hardware works also show the 'how' and allows for a an A-B comparison
between the Linux system that works and the Linux system that doesn't.

It's not that the same information couldn't have been pulled out of a Windows
set-up by someone who knows enough about Windows to do so, and I suppose you
could say that someone 'equally knowledgeable' about Linux, like Thee and Mee
and the others that that the OP expected to respond, but a Linux-to-Linux
comparison would be easier to investigate and a working Linux would reassure the
OP that a it isn't intrinsically a Linux vs Windows problem.

And yes, Knoppix does good with DHCP as well.
BTDT.