Re: [opensuse] No network of leap 42.3
On 2017-10-09 13:03, Per Jessen wrote:
Freek de Kruijf wrote:

Op maandag 9 oktober 2017 07:42:30 CEST schreef Per Jessen:

That sounds like a config problem on your Leap423. Maybe post the
config here. /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-eth0 ?

The log could have some clue.

When you configure a static IP address, you also need to define the
route and the DNS servers in YaST.

Yes, that's why I asked about it above, but it seems more important to
figure out why dhcp isn't working.

Notice that when he configures dhcp, the router does not see the Linux
machine:

On
the machine in question when I boot into windows the router shows the
computer and assigned ip address(dhcp). When I boot into 42.3 nothing
shows up on the router, dhcp or static ip.

But maybe the router can not display a machine that has no IP address.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.