Re: [opensuse] No network of leap 42.3
On 2017-10-09 15:27, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 08/10/17 02:26 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
To eliminate a hardware issue I
booted into Windows. Windows had internet connectivity.

Well, yes there is that ... for those that have Windows to hand.

I don't, so I solve Linux problems with Linux.

I keep, to hand, a few generations of Knoppix.
Weird to say, but Knoppix, for all its other limitation, seems to be great in
addressing issues to do with configuration. It runs remarkably well on
anything, provided you match architecture (don't run x86 on IBM AIX). It
seems
to have no problems repairing damaged file system that I've met on my own and
other machines. Yes, you may have to add to the book CLI, turn off USB or
other
'distractions'.

I don't recommend Knoppix as a running system, just as a maintenance tool for
extreme cases.

My point here is that if you have a Linux class problem then I'm not sure how
reassuring a Windows verification is going to be.

In this case it is, because it shows that the hardware works.
And he also setup up a static configuration in Linux, and it worked.
It is dhcp which does not.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.