[opensuse] No network of leap 42.3
  • From: Dave Smith <bushwacker551@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2017 14:26:33 -0400
I recently installed 42.3 on a second computer. This computer has 2
disks. One disk for Leap 42.3 and the other for Windows 10. The
install went very smooth (as usual) and I use grub to boot into my
disks. I was able to update 42.3 and noticed no issues. Today I went
to use the machine and discovered I have no internet. Ifconfig shows
I have no address assigned via dhcp. To eliminate a hardware issue I
booted into Windows. Windows had internet connectivity. The
motherboard is an ASRock H97 Pro4 which uses the Intel gigabyte
ethernet chip, the same one used by the machine I am typing from now
(leap 42.2).

I then switched to a static ip to see if it is a dhcp issue. I used
YAST to configure the static ip. Using wicked I was able to start and
stop the network successfully. Ifconfig showed my static ip address
assigned to eth0. Still no internet. lsmod shows e1000e is loaded.

My system consists of a NETGEAR ProSafeā„¢ Gigabit 8 Port VPN Firewall
FVS318G router attached to a cable modem. All devices are plugged
into the router which assigns ip addresses via dhcp during boot. I
have the two computers, a ps3, and a cisco wifi plugged into the
router. All are visible to the router and have internet access. On
the machine in question when I boot into windows the router shows the
computer and assigned ip address(dhcp). When I boot into 42.3 nothing
shows up on the router, dhcp or static ip.

Any ideas what could be going on? Is there a known problem with the
e1000e module? Any ideas will be appreciated.

Dave