Re: [opensuse] Sufficiently patched OpenSUSE?
On 2017-10-05 09:32, Klaus Vink Slott wrote:
Hi guys

I need a little help here: Based on a scanning from the national CERT my
security officer claims that I am running outdated software.

SuSE and SUSE and openSUSE policy has been since probably ever to _not_
update the version numbers of packages in the released versions, because
then other packages could fail - ie, integration problems with not
tested versions. Instead, patches are backported.

Any security "scanning" based on packages release versions on openSUSE
is absurd, and your security officer should know it.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.