Re: [opensuse] root in extended partition (42.3)
On 2017-09-27 05:27, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
27.09.2017 06:01, listreader пишет:
Leap 423 upgraded from 422. Old drive has been in use probably since
10x. Bios. Generic code is in the MBR. I have 423 / in an extended
partition. Grub2 is in 423 /. All was good.

I used Yast2-bootloader module to change an option (boot loader
password, if it matters). I then exited normally (OK) and yast
rewrote/reinstalled the bootloader.

I would not expect it to reinstall bootloader at this point - just to
rewrite grub.cfg.

No, it writes it all.
I did the following the other day:

I partitioned and formatted new SSD disk.
I copied "/", "/usr, and "/boot" to the appropiate places in SSD by
using "rsync".
I did not manually install grub.

Instead I booted this new partition from another partition in the
computer (os-probe added an entry), then started yast bootloader module.
Here I just touched one thing: the number of wait seconds. As result,
grub was installed appropriately and the partition could now boot on its
own.

Another method is to chroot the new partition, and then run yast in text
mode to do it.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.