Re: [opensuse] Leap 42.3 MIME Types in Dolphin
  • From: Carl Hartung <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 08:26:08 -0400
On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 13:40:02 +0200
Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

On my system, all files that do not have an explicit MIME type are
listed in Dolphin as Type "Python File (no console)". This includes
files with names like:

cis.txt
xx.repo
noExtension

The mime type it shows in the Properties->General->FileTypeOptions is
text/plain. So that part is okay. But when listing a name for this,
"Python File (no console)" is used.

Anyone else see this?

Does a particular text editor or IDE appear as the default under 'Open
with' when you right-click on any of these (plain text) files? I would
suspect that program of modifying Dolphin's / KDE's file type
associations during installation.