Re: [opensuse] rootmail does not work, no matter what
* Dave Plater <dplater.list@xxxxxxxxx> [09-26-17 01:03]:
No my root mail gets sent to my user. I was just trying to help
Stakanov. I'm not able to send mail as user to root because exim
specifically forbids it unless I override. I tested with rkhunter and
the mail arrives. Anyway I now understand system mail and could setup
mail on the console. If I'm ever without x I think I might be able to
ask for help on this list or boot into a rescue dvd which is most
probably easier.

no, x is not required for setting up mail. many still use text mode for
setup, I know I do. my servers do not have monitors attached, text is
much quicker/easier.

or perhaps you didn't really mean that.