Re: [opensuse] xrandr info HDMI-1 disconnected
  • From: "C. Brouerius van Nidek" <cbroueriusvannidek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 16:13:40 +0700
On Tuesday, September 26, 2017 4:02:21 PM WIB Felix Miata wrote:
C. Brouerius van Nidek composed on 2017-09-26 15:15 (UTC+0700):
With xrandr I read HDMI-1 and -2 disconnected. Also DP1 and 2 are not
connected.
How can I force a connection with the HDMI cable and would that change
anything?

I suggest that even if you were to figure out an xrandr command that would
cause the TV to be recognized you would not be pleased with the lowfi
result. Component video[2] is analog video with limited mode support.
Instead, abandon attempts to use that cable and get a 2X1 HDMI switch[1] so
that only normal HDMI connections can be used on every end and xrandr and
xorg will recognize the TV automatically.

[1] e.g. https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=8150
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/480i

Thanks Felix. Was already wondering if such a HBMI cable exist. Will see to it
that I get that HDMI switch soonest.

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20170913
Qt: 5.9.1