Re: [opensuse] HD docking station
On 09/25/2017 10:40 AM, Peter Suetterlin wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2017-09-25 15:22, Peter Suetterlin wrote:

I'm using the 4-port from Sharkoon,
https://www.amazon.de/Sharkoon-SATA-QuickPort-Quattro-Dockingstation/dp/B004QZJ67S
and am very pleased with them. No issues, I've been running anything from
single drives to 4-drive RAIDS on it. Disks just show up as standard USB
connected /dev/sd? devices.
Do you connect a single eSATA cable for the four disks?
Hmm, never tried it - my docking station has no eSATA port. I'm using the
USB-3.0 connection, which works fine.

I can't read the description in German, and I can't find that ASIN code
B004QZJ67S in amazon.com. But it mentions SATA in the name.
Ah sorry - just typed in the name in my search, which defaults to german
google...

So, it does have eSATA and USB-3.0 connectors. And AFAIK SATA supports port
multiplication, so probably it should work with eSATA, too. The german
descriptions suggests it does ("up to 4 disks .... either USB 3.0 or eSATA")

We have something similar in a two drive configuration. Put two drives in it an connect to the computer and they show as two drives. Our's also will clone one drive to another of equal or larger size without being connected to the computer.

--
"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things: