Re: [opensuse] logrotate
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2017 17:35:44 +0200
Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink wrote:

Op zaterdag 16 september 2017 15:18:50 CEST schreef Andrei Borzenkov:
15.09.2017 12:03, Per Jessen пишет:
there is also /var/spool/cron/tabs ...

Right, but from an admin perspective, I'm not so interested in the
user
tabs - except when backing up. In fact, I think they're in the
wrong place - they ought to be in ~/crontab (or something similar).

Now let's take a system with several thousands users with NFS mounted
home directories. Do you seriously suggest that crond must scan all
of them every minute to find out whether ~/crontab changed?

Exactly.. Not me. Certainly not when we have such beautiful tools
available like saltstack.

Okay, you got me curious - what does saltstack have to do with user
crontabs ?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (14.9°C)