Re: [opensuse] logrotate
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2017 17:35:03 +0200
Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

15.09.2017 12:03, Per Jessen пишет:

there is also /var/spool/cron/tabs ...

Right, but from an admin perspective, I'm not so interested in the
user
tabs - except when backing up. In fact, I think they're in the wrong
place - they ought to be in ~/crontab (or something similar).

Now let's take a system with several thousands users with NFS mounted
home directories. Do you seriously suggest that crond must scan all of
them every minute to find out whether ~/crontab changed?

I did touch on NFS-mounted /home later that post, and I agree it is not
useful in that situation. OTOH, having user-specific data
outside /home can also be a bit of a pain.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (15.1°C)
http://www.cloudsuisse.com/ - your owncloud, hosted in Switzerland.