Re: [opensuse] logrotate
On 09/15/2017 10:42 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
- create the service unit - edit /etc/systemd/system/mycronjob.service,
maybe 4-5 lines. Hopefully you remember the syntax.
- create the timer - edit /etc/systemd/system/mycronjob.timer, maybe 4-5
lines. Hopefully you remember the syntax.
then systemctl daemon-reload

Edit one, save under new name. Don't we all do it that way? Syntax already in
place.

At my age, I've long ago become content to know where I can find an example,
rather than
remembering exact form. Lately, I'm content to remember where I can search for
the name of something, so that I can then search for that thing.
Soon I'll be content to remember the name of my search engine.

Side note: systemd timers will allegedly wake a machine up from suspend so that
it can run some task and then suspend it again. Haven't tested this yet.
https://cmcenroe.me/2014/11/24/scheduled-suspend-and-resume-with-systemd.html