Re: [opensuse] Re: vncviewer on Leap 42.3
On 09/12/2017 03:27 AM, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

It seems that TightVNC does not work with sddm. So I will have to
change it. I think it needs XDMCP, which sddm does not provide.

There is a suggestion to use lightdm. But I see that kdm also supports XDMCP.

Is anyone using lightdm or kdm with Leap 42.3/KDE? Any issues with
either of them in this context?

In the forums, awhile back, there were several recommendations to install kdm and switch to it because of this.

I have not tried the KDE/KDM combo, because I quit KDE when KDE4 ended, for now. I use Xfce with LightDM, much happier that way.

... but, why not just try them? It is easy enough to switch, try them, and if not to your liking, just switch back to SDDM.

With something that simple (switching there and back with Display Managers), I tend to just do it long before asking "has anyone else...?".

;-)

--
-Gerry Makaro
aka Fraser_Bell on the forums, IRC, and mail at openSUSE.org