Re: [opensuse] Reading LTO cartridge memory
Many moons ago, when I actually did tape backups and had a library,
the mtx command could read barcodes off tapes if your library had
barcode reader. I know it worked with Exabyte and Sun libraries, and I
was using Amanda for backups and it supported it. You'd label your
tables with amlabel, written at the beginning of the tape, and it
stored the barcode in a file for the backup set.
--
Later,
Darin