Re: [opensuse] Accessing/checking an Ext4 file system
On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 9:14 AM, Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In days of old when unicorns gambolled in gay abandon in lush meadows
and I wanted to check the state of the ext4 file system on my system I
would, using the command line, issue the following commands (as root [I
hate this word!]):

# init 1

# mount -o remount,ro /dev/hdXY

# e2fsck

and this would inform me if the file system was alright or corrupted.

The above now does not work and I get the error message, "<partition> is
busy".

What are the correct commands now, please, which replace those above?

I had a similar question related to checking /. Seems systemd has
changed things. The advice I was given was to set the check flag in
/etc/fstab and then reboot. I am waiting for access to a system that
needs just such a check. So I do not know if it is the best way. But
this is what I have been led to believe.

--
Roger Oberholtzer