Re: [opensuse] Google Earth on Leap 42.3
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger.oberholtzer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2017 20:35:26 +0200
I have now installed this on another Leap 42.3 machine. I get the same
thing where the graphic part of the app is in a small square in the
app window. The rest shows some desktop stuff (garbage). I suspect an
OpenGL/nouveau issue. Nothing is printed the console.

The program (google-earth-ec) reports:

Google Earth EC 7.3.0.3832 (64-bit)
Build Date 8/18/2017
Build Time 4:51:36 pm
Renderer OpenGL
Operating System Linux (4.4.79.0)
Video Driver nouveau
Max Texture Size 16384x16384
available video memory information not available
Server kh.google.com

This is from http://dl.google.com/linux/earth/rpm/stable/x86_64

The Chrome browser version seems to be okay. I need to see if it is a
good replacement (i.e., does it process all of the content in our KMZ
files?)

--
Roger Oberholtzer