[opensuse] Checking /
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger.oberholtzer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2017 12:25:23 +0200
If one needs to have / checked, does openSUSE (13.1...) support making
a file called /forcefsck so it happens on reboot?

We have a user with a system that is reporting an I/O error on
/var/log/messages. And the system is slow. At least KDE is slow.
Having eliminated the obvious (no or little disk space), and seeing no
process eating CPU time, and getting an I/O error when accessing the
end of /var/log/messages, I am considering checking if the root fs has
issues.

--
Roger Oberholtzer