Re: [opensuse] 42.3 - Konqueror doesn't open to home directory
On 09/01/2017 11:25 AM, Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink wrote:
Well, take a look at the changes to Konqueror in general. Until 42.2,
it had that side panel with a lot of useful things in it. It's gone
now. Since moving to Leap, I've had to deal with a desktop that locks
up solid or the task bar disappearing. Another thing that happens on my
notebook is when I log in, some things are missing, such as the pager on
the task bar, along with the menu bar on apps & folders. Logging out
and back in restores them.
Incl. bookmarks ?
Sorry, that was a typo. I meant the title bar at the top, where the
buttons for closing, maximizing and minimizing are. I just rebooted my
notebook a few times, until the problem appeared. I then opened
Konqueror, though the same applies to any app. I see the menu bar, but
not the title bar. In order to close it, I have to click on File>Quit
or use Alt-F4. I cannot max, min or hide the folder.

This problem occurs only on my notebook, a ThinkPad E520. I have not
seen it happen on my desktop system. On the other hand, I've never seen
KDE on the notebook lock up, the way the desktop system does. But then
my desktop runs 24/7 and I don't leave my notebook running for long,
when I'm not using it.