Re: [opensuse] 42.3 - Konqueror doesn't open to home directory
then your system has serious problems.

re: "Since moving to Leap", you don't explain method or prior system.
might be related to your present problems. and if you continued to
upgrade, your problems continued to follow you.

maybe you should back up your data and home and make a new pristine
install and gradually incorporate that which you desire from your previous
systems in such a manner that you notice what gives you "problems".

or just continue and have problems.

When I updated to Leap, from 13.1, I did a fresh install, leaving only
/home untouched.