Re: [opensuse] Leap 42.3 wants nvidia
  • From: Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2017 13:46:35 +0200
Op vrijdag 1 september 2017 13:22:56 CEST schreef Roger Oberholtzer:
I was just going to do a 'zypper dup' on a Leap 42.3 system, and
zypper now reports this:

The following 4 NEW packages are going to be installed:
nvidia-computeG04 nvidia-gfxG04-kmp-default nvidia-glG04
x11-video-nvidiaG04

I do not have any nvidia stuff installed. Also, the nvidia RPMS are
for an older Leap kernel. I guess some other package is pulling this
in. But no other packages look like they should do this. Except
perhaps VirtualBox, which is getting updated.

Strange.
Not strange. These packages can only come from one repo, i.e. the nvidia repo.
Have a look at 'zypper lr -d'

--
Gertjan Lettink, a.k.a. Knurpht

openSUSE Board Member