Re: [opensuse] Are many 42.2 related (not 'official') repositories often out of sync with each other?
On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 06:57:30 -0400
Greg Freemyer wrote:

Are you running "zypper up" on the main machine?

Always 'zypper refresh' then 'zypper update'

I use "zypper se -s abiword" to troubleshoot issues like this. I'm
betting either those are being pulled from different repos or you
aren't running "zypper up".

As I wrote earlier in the thread, the packages that are different being
pulled from alternate repositories.

If the repos are different, I don't know an automated way to sync
them up.

This is as I was beginning to suspect. I just need to block out some
time to run YaST2's Software Management module side by side with the
two machines. On the second system, those packages with newer versions
available on the alternate repositories will, I believe, be highlighted
in blue, so they're easy to spot. It's then just a matter of selecting
them and choosing to install the alternate package. Not an automated
solution, but not insurmountable either.

Thank you very much for your feedback, Greg! :)