Re: [opensuse] Epson Scanner V500 Isn't Detected
On 30/06/17 08:55, Mark Misulich wrote:
On Thu, 2017-06-29 at 15:58 +0200, Istvan Gabor wrote:
On Thu, 29 Jun 2017 08:19:07 -0400, Mark Misulich wrote:
On Wed, 2017-06-28 at 13:06 +0200, Istvan Gabor wrote:

[prune]

I had similar experience before in openSUSE 13.2, see:
USB scanner problem in openSUSE 13.2
https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/2014-12/msg00556.html

In that case the problem was USB3 and USB3 xhci driver if
I recall correctly. The only solution I found was
disabling USB3 in BIOS. I am not sure using different
USB slot (USB2 instead USB3) has the same effect as
disabling USB3 completely in BIOS.

Do you see this error message in dmesg after plugging
in the scanner:

[opensuse] rounding interval to 128 microframes, ep desc says 255
microframes - any fix?
https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/2015-01/msg00415.html

I had no time yet to try my scanner in Leap 42.2 in a USB3
capable computer, but I am planning to do it.

Istvan
Hi Istvan,
thanks for your reply. I am away from home for work at present, so I
will try your suggestions next week when I get home again. I don't
remember an option in the bios for me to disable usb3, only to enable
or disable XHCI handoff.
I have tried this both ways in the bios, it doesn't make any difference
as far as getting the scanner to work with either selection.

Playing around in the BIOS would surely affect whether Windows will or
will not see the scanner, and if does not then whatever is in the BIOS
is not the problem. (But then, when one talks about Windows anything is
possible... :-).)

BC

--
Government has become a committee for managing the affairs of the rich.