Re: [opensuse] Services not started after update/reboot
  • From: Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 15:17:39 +0300
On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 2:59 PM, Peter Suetterlin
<P.Suetterlin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi List,

Last night I updated our server (Mail, Homedirs etc.).
It is running Leap 42.2. The ones I did so far went smooth: Zypper up, then
reboot. Not this time:

The system rebooted fine, but all client machines were dead because they
didn't get the NFS directories: systemd had decided to not start nfs-server,
although it is enabled :o

So it's not that it tried to start and failed with an error. The first
mention of it in the logs was when I manually started it.

One possible reason could be ordering dependency loop, in this case
systemd picks up some service to skip to break loop. I expect it to be
logged though.