Re: [opensuse] ubuntu reports probs w/new sysd DNS service...is this going to hit openSUSE?
On 06/28/2017 03:49 PM, L A Walsh wrote:
_I_ have more than a little anxiety over the idea that all alternate DNS
solutions will be thrown out..

comments?

The key is you don't have to use it. I have 2 Arch servers, running current
systemd 232-8, but I use bind 9 w/dyndns update from dhcpcd with a normal
/etc/resolv.conf generated by the resolvconf package.

No problems, no issues. (same setup w/systemD for at least last 4 years)

A couple of good pages to look at alternative configs are:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Network_configuration#Network_managers

and

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Systemd-networkd

There will be many more systemD growing pains to come, you just have to have
a strategy to weather the storm. The discussion links shows a lot of debate,
consideration and criticisms, but in the end, somebody has to make the call.
For better or for worse, that's freedesktop.org right now. systemD could be
scrapped tomorrow over the 'next latest and greatest systemE` and foisted upon
us all by the distros. That's well above the openSuSE list pay-grade, but your
question on what will openSuSE do for a default config is right on the money.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.