Re: [opensuse] Re: Latest "rfc's" package; local vs. net access...& convenience
* L A Walsh <suse@xxxxxxxxx> [06-27-17 20:34]:
Patrick Shanahan wrote:
http://www.ietf.org/download/rfc-index.txt
https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk/
----
Thanks, though the point was not how to find the latest rfc's, online,
but to find what the latest SUSE, rfc package I could install, locally.

That way I can use my existing 15-line script for local rfc's than
enhance it to include optionally download from an online location.

;-)

then you already had it: software.opensuse.org/search

Though that brings up an idea: does anyone know of a user file
system that could provide online type access, as in:

less /url/http://www.ietf.org/download/rfc998.txt

(or using less with an htm filter):

less /url/http://www.ietf.org/download/rfc998.htm

any browser, text mode: w3m links elinks lynx
w3m http://www.ietf.org/download/rfc988.{txt,htm}

or I have no idea what you mean.