Re: [opensuse] Mapping and re-mapping Keyboard Keys
On 27/06/17 14:39, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Paul Groves <paul.groves.787@xxxxxxxxx> [06-27-17 09:22]:
[...]
So now I need to know how can I add this to the xmodmap configuration.

I found a very old article from 2004 that said to save the lines in
~/.Xmodmap but the file did not exist and it does not work when I log out or
reboot.
man xmodmap:
xmodmap [-options ...] [filename]
The filename specifies a file containing xmodmap expressions to be
executed. This file is usually kept in the user's home directory with
a name like .xmodmaprc.

so it probably will not find ".Xmodmap" as it specifies it looks for
".xmodmap".

Scratch that for now. Ubuntu does not use this anymore apparently it uses xkb

However, I found I found:

keycode 156 = XF86Launch1 NoSymbol XF86Launch1
keycode 157 = XF86Launch2 NoSymbol XF86Launch2
keycode 210 = XF86Launch3 NoSymbol XF86Launch3
keycode 211 = XF86Launch4 NoSymbol XF86Launch4

so I have used these keycodes for HK1 to 4 and I can assign them in the gui

now just to run the script at boot?